Tuesday 28 December 2010

2. How Does Your Media Product Represent Particular Social Groups

This question seems some what hard for me as my magazine is all about unsigned artists therefore I cannot compare it with any famous artists. Therefore I am going to compare my unsigned artist, Tallis Morris to an example of a bunch of students as I created this magazine with their type in mind. My magazine is aimed for their age group, style and interests.


Excluding one women who is over the age of 24, looking at the rest they are all wearing very folk-styled clothes. If you compare their clothes with the artist I have chosen they are very similar. The urban kind of look really features in my images of Tallis, this compliments the browns in the clothes.
A group of students
Tallis Morris




If you look closely in both pictures of the student they all try something to make them look unique, e.g. glasses, hats, headscarves. This is a very important factor as every student wants to stand out from the rest and look unique. This is what I have been trying to create in my magazine by using quirky, rugged surroundings, and unusual props like the rug, chair and laptop. The main aim for me was to make my magazine stand out from the rest, to catch the eye or people my age so I really had to do a lot of research in order to pull this off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment