Tuesday 9 November 2010

Evaluating my presentation


Today I did a presentation in role, as if I was about to publish my own music magazine. Personally I think that all my ideas were original and justified, but maybe needed to be explained a bit more.
For example, I wanted to take a risk instead of doing the norm, and publish a magazine that is completely different and ideal for bands/artists that are not signed, for those looking to sign artists, and for those who generally don't like who's in the charts at the moment. I could have explained more about who would have been in the magazine, like music students from universities, song writers who are currently trying to write songs for famous artists, the top artists talked about on youtube/facebook etc. I didn't explain in enough detail about what free gift there would be. For example, the CDs would be CDs of the artist on the front cover. This will advertise the not signed artists and give the students reading this magazine a chance to listen to something new.
In my presentation I could have used more visual ideas. I could have shown them my front cover ideas rather than describing them, and told them the name of my magazine and shown the logo. This would give the audience more of an understanding of my proposal and really indicate to them that i know for certain what my plans are for my music magazine.
Overall I hope that my presentation got my point across to the audience from being unique, well spoken, and understandable.

No comments:

Post a Comment